Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News > Supporting the Movember Appeal is personal for Toby Webster (2022)

Supporting the Movember Appeal is personal for Toby Webster (2022)

13 Dec 2023
Alumni News

Once again, Toby Webster (2022) grew a moustache in November to support the Movember appeal.  This is where boys and men grow moustaches with the aim of raising awareness and funds to change the face of mens' health.  

Toby left WCS in 2022, heading to Nottingham University, but things did not go according to plan. He writes: "After a sudden and frightening decline in my health, I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis on 1 November 2022. MG is a neuromuscular disease that affects muscle function, which can affect mobility as well as functions such as chewing, swallowing and if severe, even breathing.

It has been a challenging time for me, where the support of my family and the great friends I made during my time at WCS has been crucial to my wellbeing. I have all the support I need. But many don't."

We're delighted to hear that Toby has now been able to resume his studies at Nottingham and is even managing to play some hockey again!  

In total Toby raised £3,171 as part of the University of Nottingham Men's Hockey Club total of £24,154.  What a great achievement!

Similar stories

Have your say

Address
Wells Cathedral School
The Liberty, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2ST

Quick Links

Follow us on Social

This website is powered by
ToucanTech