Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News > Wells Cathedral School receives prestigious Wellbeing Award

Wells Cathedral School receives prestigious Wellbeing Award

10 Oct 2023
Alumni News

10 October 2023 - a message from Alastair Tighe, Head Master: On this World Mental Health Day it gives me enormous pride and pleasure to be able to announce that the School has recently been granted The Wellbeing Award for Schools. This is a national standard recognising positive mental health and emotional wellbeing initiatives, and has been accredited by Optimus Education in association with the National Children's Bureau.

Of course, being considered worthy of this Award is cause for celebration and pride in itself. But the amazing feedback received from the accrediators has been especially heartening, as has been reading the testimonies included as part of our submission from pupils, colleagues and parents. The accreditors were "overwhelmed" by the breadth and depth of the evidence we submitted (240 pieces of evidence to be precise!) to demonstrate our commitment to Wellbeing as a School. While all of us will, I am sure, feel there is always more than we could do in this vitally important area, I hope that this national recognition allows us all to put what we are doing into perspective, especially in comparison to other schools.

Click here for the full story on the School website.

Similar stories

Have your say

Address
Wells Cathedral School
The Liberty, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2ST

Quick Links

Follow us on Social

This website is powered by
ToucanTech